Addressing climate change is critical to protecting our community. Unfortunately, we have a Republican Party that refuses to admit what an overwhelming majority of scientists believe, and a Democratic Party that hasn’t shown enough concern for workers as we push towards a new green economy. It’s time we have a champion in Olympia who fight for our people and our environment.
I grew up in a coal town in Montana and I saw firsthand the devastating effects dirty energy has on members in our community. It’s one of the many reasons why I didn’t support building the Cherry Point coal terminal in our community. We cannot sacrifice our environment for jobs, nor should we ask families to sacrifice their well being and security. We need a New Deal for our environment and our workers.
We need to do more than just fight to stop a proposed coal terminal or for better safety measures on trains transporting crude oil through our communities. We need representation in Olympia to stand up for workers and fight for a superfund that supports a just transition to a green economy so that no one is left behind.
You have the opportunity right now to push Washington forward by voting to protect workers and working families and fighting climate change. I respectfully ask for your support and vote.
Tom is endorsed by key stakeholders in our labor community like:
- Washington State Labor Council
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union Puget Sound Council
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 25
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, District Council 5
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 191
- Retired Public Employees Council of WA
- Dean Shelton, Vice President of Washington State Council of Fire Fighters
Ballots have been mailed out and are required to be postmarked or dropped off at a ballot box by Tuesday, August 7th