If we are truly committed to moving from a carbon-based economy to a new green economy, we have to invest and protect workers. Workers in Washington deserve a superfund for a just transition.
I grew up in a Roosevelt household, and during my time over the past 16 years as a committee officer for the Washington State Democrats, I have stayed true to those values that I grew up with. That means protecting and investing in workers and their families. As a candidate to be your next Representative in Olympia, I have been a staunch proponent of creating a superfund for our workers.
And why shouldn’t we have one? We’ve seen superfunds that clean up man-made environmental disasters, a superfund that bailed out Wall Street and bankers that gambled away our life savings, and a superfund that gave tax cuts to the wealthiest 1% in our country. We’ve spent more money on dirt in our country than we have on workers.
We’ve invested in our workers before, we should and need to do it again. If elected, you can expect a bill from me that designates a worker superfund so we can create a New Deal for workers in Washington. If you share my passion to support working families, I ask for your vote today.
Tom is endorsed by key stakeholders in our labor community like:
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union Puget Sound Council
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 25
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, District Council 5
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 191
- Retired Public Employees Council of WA
- Washington State Labor Council
- Dean Shelton, Vice President of Washington State Council of Fire Fighters
Ballots have been mailed out and are required to be postmarked or dropped off at a ballot box by Tuesday, August 7th